Old January 22nd 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Parking Brake

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> I got my Miata at 54k, and it's now at 136k. Only two things have failed
> so far: an intermittant coolant fan motor, and the clutch slave finally
> needed fixing after 11 years. Neither sidelined the car, and repairs
> were at my convenience. I'm still on the original clutch, top, and A/C
> charge. All other work has been routine maintenance/consumables or
> discretionary upgrades. It's magic!

I think that we have different definitions of the word "expect".

I replaced a starter that failed with no warning on a miata with far
less miles than your's. The owner was not the type to crank the car with
the car running, the part simply failed, despite being on a miata.
That car was sidelined. Your starter might make it to 300,000 miles, but
it could also fail tonight.

Would it really shock you if your A/C compressor failed, your radiator
started leaking, your clutch started slipping, or any of the many other
things that happen to any model of car, especially as they start to get
to be well over 10 years and 100K miles.

Pat