Old September 6th 10, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

Default 156 Airbag recharge

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Catman > wrote:
> Malcolm Osborne wrote:
>> My '99 vintage 156 TS is now 11 years old, coming up for an (expensive) 280
>> 000Km service! Have to change cambelt once again.
>>
>> A while ago, I noticed a sticker on the doorframe stating that the airbags
>> should have had the gas cylinder(s) recharged by 2009. I'll get that checked
>> at the service, but has anyone had that done? Presumably this would be one
>> of your MoT check items (which we don't have here)?

> Not an MOT item. I spoke to my tame expert, whose reaction was basically
> 'no one *ever* changes the generator'

No one, ever? Anyone here perhaps? :-)

The sticker on my 156 says to replace them in 2011 and I was just
wondering on how to replace those things. Haven't looked in the
on-line catalogs yet, but I have a suspicion that those 'bombs' are
not on sale just everywhere. And that replacing them might be
considered hazardous job only to be carried out by qualified
personell.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

The party adjourned to a hot tub, yes. Fully clothed, I might add.
-- IBM employee, testifying in California State Supreme Court