Old April 7th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Default How many active players in iRacing now?

I feel it is crazy that you think Saturday night at any F'ing race track is
different, plenty of back markers and wannabe's, driving ****, plenty of
rich dumbasses out there as well... plenty of people spending money faster
than they're gaining skillz, racing above their head.

I'm just thinking it models life well, sure, it is not the "nascar levels"
for everyone, but I'm not trying to keep up with million dollar teams
either, as I would be in real life... I race with people at my skill level,
and love it... some of you might say I'm good some wont, who gives a ****?
really? I'm having my $9.00 per month worth of fun, 3 or four nights a
week, **** I cant even enjoy that many hours worth of moves for that, even
if you watch old **** on Showtime it is 15 bucks a month, add to that beer
and cheezits, lol, iRacing, it is still ****ing cheap. Hell, go race a
"rental go-cart" track stuff, how much you think that is? it was 20 bucks
for F'ing 10 minutes. We have a generation of people that think anything
that is 'good' is going to be free? I don't get that attitude, nor can I
figure out where you guys got it, I mean ****, Cadillacs cost more than
Chevys and more than beetles (the old ones). Nicer houses cost more than
**** trap houses, go figure. where did you ever see it the other way
around?