Old November 3rd 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
twobowlers

Default 2000 Dodge Neon with 80,000

On Nov 3, 1:15 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
> "twobowlers" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > We have a 2000 Dodge Neon with 80,000+ miles. We bought it brand new
> > so all of the maintenance has been done by us. We change the oil every
> > 3000 miles using 10w/30.

> > For the last 10,000 miles, between oil changes, we have had to add a
> > quart...sometimes two. We have been told different things by different
> > people.

> > 1) This is normal for an engine with this many miles.
> > or
> > 2) Increasing the weight of the oil would stop or slow down the usage.

> > Who is correct and what should we do?

> > Thanks

> You mention nothing about having the vehicle checked for oil leaks?
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler tech

Yes, we have had the car checked for leaks and none were found.

Also in response to the questions from Gyz...there are no spots under
the car...no smoke when first starting up or coasting downhill...nor
is there any oil in the coolant recovery tank.

Thanks....