Old April 7th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan

Default Buying a bug or van in the USA

http://www.thesamba.com/
> has classified ads of cars for sale .
>
> http://www.ebay.com/
> is an excellent source as well.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

I have been asking around about importing my car from Finland to
Florida, and I have found out that vehicles over 25 years old are not
required to pass EPA or DOT safety tests. No need for any damn Euro/Usa
conversions either, just bring it home and tag it.

I think a good deal of this is federal, not dependent on state.

If you were thinking of bringing in something that's younger than 25
years, your best bet is to find a local company that imports cars and
performs the necessary EPA and DOT tests and conversions, and can
process all the paperwork. It takes a well equipped lab...... can't do
it yourself. Fortunately, there are plenty of companies that offer this
service.

I talked with AAA SUNSHINE CAR IMPORT in Florida.

Jan