Old December 15th 03, 10:43 AM
Jeffrey A. Heitert

Default Tires or Shocks causing jarring

> Your tires are overinflated. You can harm your tires by riding on them for

too
> long with too much air in them.

This is true, but not when the difference is 35psi instead of 33psi. Gimme
a break!

> The inside panel of your driver's side door has
> the inflation psi to set them at. That is usually 33psi.

This is assuming he is using tires with the same load rating as the OEM's.
Also note that most light truck tires have a maximum inflation level of
about 50psi. He won't damage them at 35psi.

> Lower the pressure in your tires, dude. It's always the simple, easy thing

that
> is broken.

He can try it, but it could easily be something different than a 2psi
difference in tire pressure.

I had an old Honda Civic on which the rear shocks actually became "frozen."
They had corroded and got stuck. I would check the shocks. You might also
check to see if your leaf springs are in good shape. Let us know what you
find out!