Old June 4th 14, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5[_2_]

Default Chevrolet Recall

GM has recalled more than a million cars because a heavy key chain or an accidental pull on it can turn off the ignition. My Cruz and Malibu Hybrid are not recalled and even a heavy pull cannot turn off the ignition. On my 2000 Corvette a gentle pull can turn it off. It has a slotted notch in the key for a ring. No recall on Corvettes.

It is easy to restart an auto or manual if you are an experienced driver.

Question: Should GM be putting out a recall on some C5s?