Old October 16th 05, 12:54 PM
Mal Osborne

Default Basic Horsepower Upgrades

Does this mean you need to use higher octane fuel to avoid pinging? With
older pre-EFI cars I have always tuned timing to just below where I star to
hear pinging. It is amazing how much variation there can be from one batch
of fuel to the next, but generally I could get more advance and a little
more grunt with premium fuel. Of course this increases running costs.