Old December 12th 17, 06:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Arthur Wood

Default Have you ever heard this noise in an engine after a VCG repair?

Arthur Wood wrote:

> Are you on a Macintosh?
>
> Hopefully the answer will be in this thread if someone knows the Macintosh.
> Can a Macintosh person tell us how to change the name of a file?
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.apps/lvUtrehWuQw/59E76aWxCQAJ>

It seems from my PMs on the web forum that the Macintosh users are having
trouble renaming the file to remove the ".pdf" extension so I asked on
comp.sys.mac.apps how Macintosh users can change the file name from
file.mp4.pdf to file.mp4 so they can watch the video.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.mac.apps/lvUtrehWuQw>

Here are some of the responses if you're on a Macintosh and need to change
the file name from file.mp4.pdf to file.mp4 instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Streater
Can
a Macintosh person tell us how to change the name of a file?

Yes. Same way as on Windows.
Click on the filename until it highlights and then type the new name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Baker
On a Mac, you select the file, and hit <Return>. That activates the file
name for editing. When you remove '.pdf' from the name and hit <Return>
again, the Finder will ask if you really want to change the file name
extension and offer you the option of using '.mp4' or '.pdf'.

If the file name extensions are hidden, then you can use "Get Info" from
the Finder's File menu to do it instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_G._Isaak
Tell the Macintosh users to go to Finder->Preferences->Advanced and make
sure 'show all filename extensions' is checked.