Old December 12th 17, 04:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Iggy

Default Have you ever heard this noise in an engine after a VCG repair?

replying to Arthur Wood, Iggy wrote:
None of the links worked for me and my fiddling around with them. But, if it's
sounding like something's loose and damaging everything in its path, then
you'll have to get back in and re-do your valve cover work. Maybe a 3/8's to
1/4 ratchet reducer, short extension, hex bit, rolled-up tube of Threadlocker,
etc. got left behind. Even though it's a BMW, I can't imagine you accidently
and unknowingly created a problem...unless your valve cover work included
removing the PCV or slopping in RTV that clogged venting and the sound is
pressure blowing the seals.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...a-1152886-.htm