Old February 19th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Default Fuel smell

Is the gasket ok in the fuel filler cap?. One of many Daves is right you,
should be able to pick up a hose from an auto parts mob. Doesnt matter if
there is a little kink, its only to stop blow back when you are filling the
tank.
What I have done in my Type 3 is to use a 1/2 copper right angle joint ( the
type that is preloaded with solder) from a plumbers supply and connect hoses
either end of that.. I,ve consoled myself with it not looking genuine with
the thought
that the lead in the solder is leaching out and giving me leaded petrol
aagain. ( Just joking!)
Cheers
John

. ..