Old October 20th 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
EdV

Default Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

On Oct 19, 7:55 pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
wrote:

> > > Yes, you can.

> > > Imagine that to preserve an appropriate and viable balance of people and
> > > food supply, that we have to eliminate the population of, say, Africa.

> > > We'd be saving the environment, right?

> > Well, not exactly what I had in mind, I was thinking more of hybrids
> > being able to reduce Carbon emissions and that you cant put a price on
> > that. That sort of stuff and no mass murder involved.

> Ah.
>
> Well, then, you CAN put a price tag on saving the environment, then.

You are right, there's a way to compute Carbon emission per kilometer
or something, Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not a hybrid owner. To
be honest I'm guilty too, do I want a keep my money and buy a less
expensive non hybrid car or do I my part to reduce carbon emission and
buy a hybrid. I kept my money.