Old March 8th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
>>> Hemi Cuda will appear.

>> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

> If I were D-C I would rebrand it a Dodge in a second. There's too much
> marketing power behind the name to ignore, IMO. Much more than the name
> Challenger. Would you really care if it were a Dodge or a Plymouth Hemi
> Cuda with 450+ hp? I sure wouldn't.

Marketing power will fall off with only part of the name. I don't think
'Ford Cougar' would work in grabing the power of the name.

If they wouldn't care if was called a plymouth they wouldn't care if was
called a Cuda either. It could be the Dodge Coelacanth....
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/InNews...toric2006.html