Old January 18th 04, 12:25 AM
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Roughly 1/17/04 15:57, George's monkeys randomly typed:
> First off, I'm not sure if this is the group for this, but please
> don't flame me if it is not. Rather, please point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I have a '94 Izuzu Rodeo 4WD V6 with about 62000 miles on it.
> Recently, at the end of a long (9 hr.) drive, I had to slam on the
> brakes due to an accident on the highway. The brakes worked but it got
> to the point that my tires (or brake pads, not sure which) were
> smoking. Afterwards, my Rodeo has been making a rhythmic thumping
> sound while driving it. It is linked to the speed, so I thought it was
> the tires, but I can't find anything wrong with them. Is my alignment
> off, is the suspension off? I don't know much about cars, so any help
> would be appreciated.

Brakes and tires tend to smell rather different. A tire will
smell somewhat rubberlike. You may have just flat-spotted
a tire if your brakes locked up. Will create a rather
annoying thump that varies with speed. Try swapping the
tires front/rear to see if it affects the thump at all.

--
Now that Spirit Rover has confirmed the presence of weapons of
mass destruction on Mars, we are preparing to invade...