Old August 1st 05, 06:25 AM
Abeness

jim beam wrote:
> /please/ read sci.materials abe. pretty please?

Look, jim, Uncle Al won't convince me that it's unworkable (though I
gotta say his "****anium" comment in anotehr thread had me in stitches).
So there are technical challenges to surmount? So it's currently an
expensive proposition? So it may not be the most efficient thing around?
Does that make it impossible? No.

I'm not much invested in the issue, frankly. Haven't explored the Honda
FCX stuff either, actually, just ran across it today for the first time.
I'm not saying it's safe, and am quite willing to accept that there are
dangers. I do intend to keep an open mind about it. One of these decades
we're gonna run out of oil (or the surface of the earth will sink into
the void we've left behind by pumping it all out <g>), and we need to
pursue alteratives.