Old March 24th 05, 05:26 PM
jaybird

"L Sternn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:16:41 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>
>>> Do you really believe that just because there was no harm that no foul
>>> was committed?

>>I just answered that.

> Just trying to get you to recognize that there was a foul, even if
> there was no harm.

For the language, I agree.

>> There was no harm other than his rudeness and there
>>was no foul either. Again, it's stated: "Police officials maintain that
>>despite Peasley's comments, he acted promptly to send emergency personnel
>>the scene."

> Which is not credible given that he was punished for "inefficient
> action".

He was punished for conduct unbecoming an officer: "The investigation
revealed inappropriate and unprofessional language," said Sgt. J. Paul
Vance, a state police spokesman. His comments did not effect response time.

> Get those cops to say that under oath.
>

>>> If I aim a gun at you and fire, is it okay as long as I miss?
>>>
>>> I don't think so.

>>Well you've got that one right. Aiming a gun at someone is Deadly
>>Conduct,
>>firing it could be many things from Aggravated Assualt to Attempted Murder
>>whether you hit them or not.... two different scenarios.

> They're not very different at all. Perhaps he really thought they had
> already dispatched anyone, but they had not.
>
> I should alter my proposed scenario to leave out aiming at you. Let's
> say you don't know if I aimed it at you or if I was just mishandling
> it by not following reasonable safety precautions and it happened to
> be pointed in your general direction when it accidentally went off.

That could still fall under Deadly Conduct which is much different than
Conduct Unbecoming.

--
---
jaybird