Old March 21st 13, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

On 03/21/2013 10:41 AM, jim beam wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 06:59 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> for an "engineer", you're simply not of this planet.
>>>

>> Did you have any suggestions for the OP, or did you just show up to
>> snipe without contributing anything as per usual?

> <https://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.tech/msg/1870e822d74b0a5c?dmode=source&output=gplain&noredi rect&pli=1>

link times out?

> retard.
>

>> You do know that most electrical/electronic components have a maximum
>> current rating, yes? And that electric motors tend to draw more current
>> when the bearings are going or they are otherwise subjected to loads
>> higher than that for which they were designed? Does any of this sound
>> remotely familiar to you?

> don't lecture me on electronics nate.

ooh, or what? ITG gonna kick my ass? Sorry, I'm more interested in
helping the OP than your delicate little feelers.

>> Really, what the will suggested seems to be a logical first step.

> if you don't know what the **** you're doing and don't know how to use a
> dvm.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

OP can dissect the thing all he wants but it doesn't do him a damn bit
of good to know *what* has failed unless he knows *why* it failed.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel