Old March 4th 13, 03:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default First official images of 2015 Corvette C7 Convertible !!

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message

> "Smarty" > wrote in message
>> http://blog.caranddriver.com/first-i...eva-auto-show/
>>

> Big surprise. Looks just like you thought it would. The hard top lines
> with the rear glass seem to be very distinctive. That all goes out the
> window and becomes ho hum with the convertible version. Too bad the
> convertible is not a folding hard top. I hope that it is at least
> electric up and down.

Why do you need an electric cloth top? On the other had I do like the hard
(soft) top on the SC300, looks sharp. Actually the convertible looks much
better than the coupe and for some reason it does not show all the add on
scoops/vents.

Still lust after its VVT and DI in a push rod engine. Just a few reasons and
the first is the amount of sensors on the DOHC with VVT and DI, each head
gets 4 camshaft sensors and cam position sensor actuator and all the wires
for same. Plus all the added bolts and screws to just hold it together.
Eighteen for the DOHC and 4 for the push rod valve covers. Now lets talk
timing chains, one for the old pushrod and three for the DOHC, 9 sprockets
in place of 2 and the worst part is well over 400 link pins to wear on 3
chains with 16 timing marks versus one. All that to get rid of the 16 push
rods. Plus the engine gets less MPG than my old school C6 with none of that
crap. The only thing I like about the DOHC is the red line, sounds good at
7,000 but not worth the cost.