Old February 8th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

Default Mustang Computer in Lincoln

wrote:

>>>Will the top end speed increase?

>>Maybe, but the ECU from an Interceptor(140 mph+) would be mapped out
>>much better for the TownCar. Neither would likely work in the
>>Continental(4.6? Yes. Same engine? No.).
>>
>>Rob

> How is it not the same engine. It's a Dohc V-8. Look it up.

Continental is DOHC, transverse installation, front wheel drive, on a
Taurus/Sable front subframe, much different transmission & calibration.

TownCar is a SOHC, RWD, same basic transmission as Mustang, calibrated
quite differently & purpose built to the platform.

Rob