Old April 3rd 05, 03:38 PM
John Wallace

JP wrote:
> "John Wallace" > wrote in message
>
>>JP wrote:
>>

>>> What's wrong with corporate profits ? Just curious is all.

>>New Motorola CEO fired 38,000 people, and got 38 million dollars as his
>>reward for a year's work.
>>
>>Nothing is wrong with profit, but if you think that is good for you as a
>>worker, I can only say good luck to you.

> <shrug> Maybe. One thing for certain; a corporation NOT making a profit
> isn't good for workers. I.e., Motorola, I would bet (not having looked at
> their details).

No profits is surely worse! <g> However there is surely an element of
"how much is enough"? What is the CEO going to do with 38 million that
he couldn't have done with 28 million? Or 18 million?

In Scandinavia CEOs get poaid, on average, 11 times more than the
average salary in their company. Across Europe it's a little higher, but
less than twenty times more is typical.

In the US it's 300 times more.

At what point does it become greed, and should we ever think that is bad?