Old January 27th 18, 09:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Oren[_2_]

Default What to measure when adjusting clutch pedal bolt?

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 02:47:50 -0000 (UTC), Mad Roger
> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:13:56 -0800,
> Oren wrote:
>
>> Why is it you think the clutch pedal "feel" is not an aspect of the
>> adjustment? The throw out bearing needs to release from the clutch
>> plate in the bell housing. You can't adjust it by a ruler. You need
>> a little slop in the pedal so the plate is not always engaged at the
>> risk of burning the plate.
>>
>> ...at least back in the day. Two cents.

>It's not my vehicle, and the "feel" stinks no matter what position it's in.
>
>What changes is that it engages early, or late, but not in a way that I
>like either way.
>
>So I can't adjust it by feel because there is no position that feels right
>to me.
>
>Therefore, I just want to adjust it by the book.
>
>If only I knew what to measure as I think it's for a millimeter or two of
>'slop' between the rounded end of the bolt and the master cylinder piston
>cup.
>
>But I don't feel that slop in any case.
>And I don't know where to measure it either.
>
>Hence the question.

....oh Bubba. Bless your heart. See if I can figger a Redneck
Swampbilly method.

How are you tryin' to "feel" the adjustment of the clutch pedal?

Are you using your hand or using your foot?

Have you put the car in gear?

Rocked the car back and forth to see if the adjustment is to loose or
about just right?

Will the car jalopy down the road?

Does it sit there in gear and not move?

Maybe you are being sensitive. I got more ideas
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld