Old April 18th 12, 11:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

Default end of mustang??

On Apr 17, 4:31*pm, Bob Willard >
wrote:
> On 4/17/2012 11:47 AM, twk wrote:
>

> > In >,
> > * > *wrote:

> >> For the last decade, auto makers have connected with baby boomers by
> >> recreating storied cars from their youth like the VW Beetle, Chevrolet
> >> Camaro and Dodge Challenger.

> >> Now, Ford Motor Co. is betting it is time to hit the brakes on the retro
> >> trend, and shift its focus to a younger generation.

> >> The Mustang, the Pony car that launched affordable and compact sports
> >> cars, today strongly hews to the look of the 1964 original. But Ford is
> >> working on radical makeover of its signature youth-market car, people
> >> familiar with Ford's plans said. The next generation would retain the
> >> shark-nosed grille ...

> > I'm not liking that new style at the moment. It will probably grow on me.
> > Youth-market car, eh? Yep, I'm an old fart. * /grin

> If 400+ HP doesn't grow on you, then start looking for a nursing home.
>
> (Even my wife's new Flex has 355 HP; I need a Mustang GT to keep up.}
> --
> Cheers, Bob

Someone say Flex? LOL! Slap a tune on your wife's Flex and you'll
have 400 HP! The only thing is the Flex is almost 5000 pounds! LOL!
You'll be surprised at the looks you get when you start running low
13s in your wife's grocery getter!!!

As for the new design on the Mustang... had heard it was going to be a
pretty radical change... I need to see one in person before i
decide...