Old December 16th 10, 09:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 headlights -

"Roy" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights
>>> on my C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome
>>> on the low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the
>>> road about 20 feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly
>>> better on the pax side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now
>>> and did not see any improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs
>>> or street legal HIDS? Te lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but
>>> practical in traffic. Thx
>>>
>>> -FBNE
>>>

>> First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct
>> power feed. A good site to read is
>> http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html I'm not sure he still
>> sells a relay kit but they are not hard to make, look under
>> products.
>>
>> Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous
>> owner changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the
>> headlight doors open equally?

> Headlight door's??????

Yep, group 2 item numbers 10249744 RH and 10447810 LH, DOOR HDLP OPG,
but I quit on a manual update at 2001 because I don't need those
number anymore since I went to the C6. Just saying the numbers may
have changed after 2001 but I doubt it on those items although the
side shields and plugs did change, items 4 and 32 group 2, sometime
before 2001.