Old November 16th 05, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Value

"NXS" > wrote:

>A Black 1996 Mazda Miata with 86,000 original miles, new top with 5
>year warranty,back cut valves, polished and ported exaust matched to
>headers with tuned exaust, ballanced rods and crank, 8 lb. flywheel, 2
>stage racing clutch, monster air intake,17 in. wheels. 3,000 miles on
>engine, block studded for turbo. What sort of value would this car
>bring?.

Well, according to edmunds.com, the private party true market value
price for a base 96 Miata is less than $3,400. However, that is with a
clean vehicle history. Here we have a heavily modified car with all
the corresponding potential problems and added wear, and with high
mileage, with apparently enough damage to require an engine replacement,
monsterflow intake letting enough silicon in to ground down the new
engine again, and continue to work on the surviving engine parts,
suspension bushings worn down by heavy 17 inch wheels that probably did
not even have the right offset, causing excessive loads on the suspension
components, in addition the car presumably was turboed, Lord knows with
how much boost, considering the clutch, and an owner who wants to sell
3,000 miles after apparently replacing the engine and top.

Anyone who would pay more than $2,000 should contact me for business
opportunities.

> Bidding starts at $8500.

Anything is possible on E-Bay! I hope they do not require insurance
or financing. Let us know how it goes.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)