Old September 7th 07, 09:38 PM posted to ba.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.photo.digital,rec.autos.tech
Dave[_48_]

Default California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

"sqidbait" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> You DON'T understand! It's so DIFFICULT that no
> HUMAN BEING could HOPE to ride it, even if they
> were on a BICYCLE! Hell, I bet most PEOPLE
> wouldn't be able to WALK it! It's all a giant
> PLOT between the MSF, the DMV, and HALIBURTON!

No, you don't understand: IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

If you practice low-speed maneuvers, you CAN do it. **** I did it on an
ancient CB900. That is one helluva top-heavy pig. Failed twice because I
was too proud to admit that with my years of experience I wasn't good enough
to pass. Just get some obstacles, plastic cups, cones, paint, blocks of
wood, doesn't matter. Space them ~12' apart, draw yourself a two circles at
the end about 2'3" apart, and PRACTICE IT. NOBODY does low-speed maneuvers
well without practicing, dumbass! You don't have to practice THEIR EXACT
COURSE. If you can weave around cones and drive between lines at low speed,
the spacing is not critical. Just practice. I did two nights of practice,
about an hour each night. Done like dinner. Nailed the test, it actually
felt fairly easy to do.

And as far as practicing the course, JUST GO TO THE DMV parking lot where
the course is set up after hours. You will NOT be arrested, REALLY the cops
have better things to do with their time.