Old September 7th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles
P. Roehling

Default California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

"Jim Benson" > wrote

>> Where is it well documented that the Ca test is harder than all the
>> other 49 states??

> http://groups.google.com/group/ba.motorcycles
>
> Search the group for something like "california dmv test" and you'll see
> what I'm talking about.

Uh, those are called "opinions", which are not the same thing as being "well
documented".

> Again, the failure rate, I'm estimating from my observations, is somewhere
> in the range of 95% on bikes over a liter, given an impartial observer
> (everyone things they winged it when they get to be their own judge).

"Your own observations"? You mean you stood and watched a significant
umber -say 1,000- riders take the riding test and then waited until they
came out of the DMV and asked them each individually how they did?

If not, "your own observations" don't mean squat.

> It would be nice to choose a date and a place, and all riders show up with
> a hundred bucks cash, put it in the bucket, and whoever can pass the test
> on their first run in a liter sized road bike, takes the cash home.
>
> Does anyone wish to organize that?
>
> I'll bet your eyes and mouth would be agape at the results!

No they wouldn't. The first decent rider there would take all of your money,
and should a law-enforcement motor officer show up to compete he'd kick
*everybody's* ass in terms of low-speed riding skills.

Heck, I passed that "impossible" test on the first try -and I'm very
definitely *not* Valentino Rossi.