Old September 7th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Jim Benson

Default California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:42:52 -0700, David White wrote:

> Jim Benson wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:36:47 -0700, David White wrote:
>> =out?
>>> Thank you, Steve. Someone who passed an even harder test than the CA
>>> test. And, on a Goldwing no less.

>> Not likely.
>>
>> I think he was referring to the WRITTEN test being harder ... 'cuz there's
>> no test in the entire USA that's harder than the idiotic California DMV
>> motorcycle rider lollipop test (as has been very well documented).
>>
>> Basically, anyone who "says" they passed it on a GoldWing ... is lying.
>>

> Willing to put your money where your mouth is?? Before you answer, read
> all my posts in this thread. Fool.

Hi David,
I see you're from Virginia.
Did you ever take this California test you feel is so "simple"?

Do YOU know what you're talking about?

I took the test and I tell you I failed twice.
You can believe me. (Or do you think I'm lying?)

What you can't believe is someone like you who says they can do it on both
a Gold Wing and on a 50 cc bike (which isn't even allowed as far as I
remember on the course). Or on a 1200 cc superbike.

You can always believe the guy saying he failed - you can never believe the
guy saying it was a cake walk. Sure, "some" people must be passing this
test, but let me tell you, you'd be hard pressed to pass it on a scooter!

Try swerving through five cones without touching anything, then immediately
within a 2 foot 3 inch path do two complete concurrent circles then exit
sharply at speed and repeat the swerves, then turn around, head up one of
the legs of the lollipop, again, at a sharp angle do two more complete
circles in the OPPOSITE direction (most people who are good in one
direction have problems in the other direction), and again, exit sharply at
speed tilting the bike from a heavy lean to a straight within 2 feet 3 inch
boundaries, without either wheel ever crossing the lines (by an impartial
observer, not by yours truly) ... and THEN ... when you've done all that
(which I have done many times in practice on a puny bike but also failed
just as many times on that puny bike) ... and do that CONSISTENTLY 100
percent of the time because the DMV tester won't give you a second chance
that day and you only get three chances total ...

AFTER ALL THAT ... (all of which I've done) ... THEN I want you to come
back and tell me that the test is so simple you could do it on a Gold Wing
with your hands tied behind your back!

Hearing you and the others, it's the difference between a war-veteran, sick
of war, and a brand-new wannabe in a pressed Virginia blue suit saying
he'll take 'em all on single handedly.

Again, don't take MY word for it ... let's get someone in the DMV to just
produce the public record which should lay all this discussion to rest in a
split second. And, I already know what the results are having watched many
a test, and never a person pass.