Old September 7th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Jim Benson

Default California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:38:23 -0700, David White wrote:

>> Basically, anyone who "says" they passed it on a GoldWing ... is lying.
>>

> Just because you can't does not mean that everyone else can't. What a fool.

I live about five miles from the DMV parking lot. Every once in a while,
particularly when I get my "number" at the DMV, over the years, I've
watched bikers take the test.

I've NEVER seen anyone pass. I've seen perhaps a dozen or more failures.
None even make it to the fourth section.

Perhaps the most poingnant was a K1200 rider, confident as hell, rides up
about ten minutes early. He asks "where's the test" to the gaggle of
sulking bikers who had just finished. They showed him the little they knew
as they didn't make it to the third section themselves, and he took a lap
or two, missing widely by at least six inches on the circle.

He apparently figures this astoundingly huge error won't matter becuase
after just two or three lap attempts, you can see his patience wear thin,
and he zooms off to the "inspection" area to wait his turn.

Back about fifteen minutes later, he gets the same instructions which
include NEITHER WHEEL can cross the line by as much as a quarter inch.
Immediately, he repeats his performance, missing by a whopping six inches
on the latter part of the first curve - not even 1/3 the way into the
entire four lap test, double weave, and double straights tests.

Again, don't take MY word for it. Read the record. Nobody has ever proven
they've passed this test on a Gold Wing. Nobody. Not one. It's all words.

Most of us would be lucky, me included, to pass it on a mountain bike.

But don't take MY word for it. SOMEONE PLEASE point us to the public DMV
records which show what the percentage of passes and failures are and what
bikes passed and failed. That would be the Gods' honest truth that would
put all the lies to rest instantly.

Can ANYONE get this public DMV data and be our hero?