Old May 14th 04, 10:18 AM
R@L

"Cam Newton" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 May 2004 00:11:06 +0200, "R@L" > wrote:
>

> >"Graham" > wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm interested in the new 2 litre TDI A3 with DSG but getting a used

one
> >is
> >> proving nigh on impossible (hardly surprising I suppose considering how

> >new
> >> they are). So I was thinking of buying a new one but the prices in the

UK
> >> are still a bit on the high side for me. Is importing one still

> >financially
> >> viable? Any experiences or websites?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>

> >For your information, UK is in Europe.

> This is not helpful. How about Ireland then> Scotland? Can you tell us
> something about import duties from the EU to the UK? Can you tell us
> about what Europe really means to Asia? etc

AFAIK the lowest -net- prices for cars are to be found in Holland and
Denmark. In those countries taxes are high so car manufacturers sell them
cheaper to them.

It's hard to find a dealer who will sell you one though. On the other hand
if you find one, you'll be European again since European law dictates that
the warranty should be Europe wide.

Ronald