Old October 23rd 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
bugalugs

Default Most fuel efficient RPM?

http://www.geocities.com/mffycam/htt...ills.blip.tv/- Hide quoted text -

> Maybe, but it looks like I'd be a few hundred into it to get one that
> will give me fuel consumption and such. So far, every time I've
> needed a code scanner, I've got to Advanced Auto Parts and borrowed
> theirs for free. So basically I'd be spending hundreds for this
> experiment, and the convience of having my own scanner instead of
> driving up the street to Advanced. It's a tough sell.

Why not do it the quick and dirty way and look at the torque and
horsepower curves for your vehicle. Where the two cross should be pretty
close.

Wont be a best fit for some vehicles but should do most