Old September 9th 04, 01:05 PM
Charlie Self

dreas responds:
>I could probably get one easily when U-Haul flips over its current pickup
>fleet...

Now, I hadn't thought of that. I'll be wanting to change soon, as I think I
said. My S10 is too small and too gutless.

>Heh. A few years ago I was in the market for a truck. I looked at Suburbans,
>but I wanted one like the '79 I once had. I was told that I had to special
>order
>rubber floor covering, I had to take the automatic, and still the price was
>way
>too high. I also looked at Dakotas. The one I wanted with the two-door ex-
>tended cab, V6, 5-speed, and few options would have to be special ordered,
>but for just a little more I could have the one on the lot with all kinds of
>crap
>on it that I didn't want. All of it was too expensive...

Well, I'd love an auto instead of my current 5 speed, but that's mainly because
I'm in the line for a knee replacement before year's end (I hope). I also live
in Virginia, so AC is kind of nice. But otherwise, I can live without
carpets--very easily--and a simulated wood dash and plus seats and such. A
plain old bench seat with good headrests for protection and a decent seat belt
set up and I'm fine. I don't even need a radio/tape player, etc. I keep
forgetting it's there, and when I turn it on and get an announcer, I usually
turn it right off. I gotta listen to enough idiots for my work.

Charlie Self
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill