Old April 22nd 13, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default radiator caps, cooling system pressure

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:57:20 -0700 (PDT), harry
> wrote:

>Thoughts?????
>
>One other possibility is you may have a blown head gasket.

I didn't want to make the original post into a novel but it appears a
lot is being read into what wasn't included. That car is not having
any problems at all right now. I'm just looking at increasing the
factor of safety against overheating because I just added AC to it.
Non-ac cars use a 7 pound cap and AC uses 13. But it's a 52 year old
car (well maintained) and the downside would be if adding 6 pounds
more pressure is likely to create any leaks, like in the 52 year old
heater core. Nothing leaks now. I'm just torn between being
proactive and getting a higher pressure cap "just in case", or just
sitting tight and seeing how the temperatures run as the weather heats
up.