Old November 22nd 05, 12:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Dashboard removal for Audi A6

In article . com>,
says...
>all i have to say is its not going to be easy to get off.

Yep, have had a few cars with "one piece" type dash covers.

on my old Skoda Favorit, it was 35 screws, including taking off the
glovebox lid, removing the glove box, taking out a brace, removing the
small binacles holding some switch gear, then taking off the
protectcover over the dials, then removing the dial cluster, then
pulling the steering wheel and surround, after that the lower console
needed to come off.

I didn't get any further than that as I found what I was looking for,
but the actual dash cover was still rock solid, and I had already pulled
32 of the 35 screws, and they are all different sizes and lengths.

Could be fun in a more "Solid" car like an A6.
--
Carl Robson
Car PC Build starts again.