Old March 3rd 05, 01:13 AM
Paul

In article >,
says...

> For those just joining the thread:

> >Deputy stopped, not arrested
> >after drinking, driving -
> >Police say they couldn't legally
> > prove deputy was intoxicated in
> >Feb. 6 incident

> >By Melissa Ludwig
> >AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
> >Tuesday, February 22, 2005
> >ROUND ROCK - An off-duty Williamson County
> >sheriff's deputy stopped
> >by police this month smelled of alcohol,
> >but was not arrested because he refused
> >a field sobriety test and officers could not prove he
> >was legally drunk, according to police reports.

Typical governmental "do as I say, not as I do," hypocrisy. Had you or I
been stopped - smell of alcohol on breath or no smell of alcohol on
breath - 9 to 1 says you or I would be subjected to every field soberity
test imaginable intill failure and then arrested. But ofcourse, a cop
reeking of alcohol is sent on his merry way.

> Predictably, Jaybird is telling us the cop wasn't drunk.

<sarcasm> Of course. The police can do no wrong... </sarcasm>