Old February 22nd 05, 03:02 AM
dan martin

MAn, ... Change the oil every 4 months, or sooner, replace plugs, and air
filter, and wires if you haven;'t don'e it in a while, and I assume you
haven't, and I don't know how long you have had this car.
Here's a basic idea if you bought this car used, change everything that
wears out, fluids, filters, plugs, wires; they don't last forever.

To your question, maybe this will help. I was having a stuttering problem
with my 91 civic comming off the line. I reasoned that it was probobly
electrical. I started off with the cap and rotor , found the set screw on
the rotor to be loose, Changed cap and rotor anyways as I had it off and my
stuttering problem is gone.
Hope you have the same luck, but for heavens sake, change the oil
frequently, and the timing belt of you don't know when it was last done.

Dan

"91hondacivic" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Thanks for your reply, Chris.
>
> This morning, after my first message post, I went out to start my car and
> now it will not even start at all. It cranks, but will not fire up.
> We changed the fuel filter about a year and a half ago, along with the
> distributor cap and rotor. We have not changed the spark plugs or wires or
> the air filter. I will inspect those. I checked the oil level. It was

lower