Old April 17th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default I Hate FLAPS

> but are more than happy to sell you a chrome 009. So the the other
> day I needed some bushings for the front end of my super, so I grab my
> WCM catalog and point to what I need, ok 5 bucks each, But the dude
> didn't mention I would need a $700 press to install them!! I wondered
> why he was smirking as he handed them to me, at the same time looking
> past me to the kid who was buying $500 worth of chrome for his

Well usually you can farm out the hydraulic press work for rather
cheap. It cost me an hour labor(which I thought was a little steep...)
to have the drop-arm removed from my steering gearbox, 4 bushings
pushed out, and two ball joints removed/reinstalled on my 74 super.
But even at about $65 bucks for labor, that's still a lot less than a
$700 press...

Chris