Old April 1st 17, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Jonas Schneider

Default I used to buy tires from TireRack - now SimpleTire (how can they do it?)

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 19:16:38 GMT, Tekkie? > wrote:

> I don't buy tires online. The local dealer is much cheaper and has free
> mounting & balancing.

You'd have to pick a tire and price that your "local dealer" charges, but I
highly suspect that it's not even close to true that your dealer is much
cheaper than online tires.

I can't prove that statement without information about your dealer and
prices, but one argument is that you'd have a hard time naming *anything*
that is cheaper at a brick-and-mortar store than it is online.

The only "additional" charges onlines are shipping, which I agree, for
tires, is appreciable though, at anywhere between zero (which is what I pay
for shipping) to about $18 to $20 for ground shipping per tire.

> Tire Rack is now a public TV sponsor so in my
> *opinion* is another mark against it.

What is a "public tv sponsor"?

> Their "installers" are just above
> marginal.

Agree with you on the fact the tire-rack "recommended installers" are just
one step ahead of criminal.

However, I'll wager your tire dealer is one of them perhaps?
https://tires.tirerack.com/tires/Lis...d%20Installers
https://www.tirerack.com/installer/Installer.jsp