Old February 6th 05, 02:44 AM
TranSurgeon

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> > On 5 Feb 2005 12:18:43 -0800, wrote:
> >
> >>I think that is what I will try now. I just replaced my exaust/convert
> >>from the O2 sensor back and it did not help.
> >>
> >>This is getting expensive

> > The only way I know of monitoring your fuel pressure "while you are
> > driving around" is to have somebody plugged into your OBDII connector
> > with a real-time scanner, OR, use a data logger ( e.g. Davis
> > DriveRight CarChip, or record on a portable PC with a program like
> > AutoTap ).

> Nice guess Larry but since his PCM has absolutely no clue what the fuel
> pressure is, your data logger won't work. It may be able to moniter

several
> things but fuel pressure isn't among them.
> Bob

not directly, but here's a thought:

I get a LOT of GM trucks with a 'no 4th gear' complaint

if you drive it just right, it WILL go into 4th............but the problem
is plugged fuel filter, thus more throttle pressure, thus ECM keeps it in
third

SO:

do what I do to demonstrate to the customer where the problem
is...............monitor O2 sensors + injector pulse width

if you see O2 going lean and at the same time the IPW is getting longer and
longer, you have a fuel delivery problem.............filter or pump

just a thought