Old January 16th 04, 04:13 PM
Mike Romain

26 psi????

What are you driving one of those fords that put too low a pressure
sticker on them so the tires explode and flip the vehicles?

There is a recall for that sticker if that is the case.

That does seem low though. That said, I run 28 psi in my Jeep CJ7 with
33" tires and 32 psi in my Cherokee with p235x15 tires.

I check mine using the 'chalk method'. I set the psi then run some
chalk across the tread and drive in a straight line. I then see how
much chalk is worn away.

At 28 psi, I have about 1/4" of chalk left on the outside edges of the
tread. When the tire shop installed my tires and put 36 in them I only
wore out 3" of the center of the tread. Not a nice 'footprint'.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's