Old October 14th 04, 04:07 PM
Anthony

(Sleepy Joe) wrote in message . com>...
> Hi!
> I have a ?73 VW Beetle.
> I bought an AutoZone battery and installed it on 5-28-02. I think it
> is time for a new one. With the headlights on, foot on brake
> pedal/stop lights on, and turn signals on, sometimes the turn signals
> will not blink. After charging the battery I repeat the same procedure
> and the turn signals blink or cancel like they should.
> I charged the battery last month and now I am having to charge it
> again. I think the battery may not be holding a charge. I checked the
> v-belt and it was not loose. My voltmeter indicates about 14 volts
> showing that the battery is being charged when I am driving. It may be
> because I only drive it about 10 miles, two or three times a week and
> the battery does not have a chance to get completely recharged after
> starting the engine.
> Before it gets cold out, I think I am going to shell it out for a
> Sears Die Hard Weather Handler battery, $59.95 dollars US or so as
> compared to $39.95 for an AutoZone battery.
> Would you guys recommend that I replace the battery for more
> reliability?
> Who knows, maybe it is just a corroded turn signal ground wire
> connection.
> Thanks! Any help is appreciated! jplikesm73vwbttl

Check and clean all your fuse contacts. I had almost the same
problem, traced it to a dirty fuse contact. Also, just becuase you
are reading 14 volts at the voltmeter does not necesarrily mean your
battery is charging. Amps charge a battery, volts get it there. So
it is a good indication, but not perfect.

~Anthony