Old June 28th 13, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford
Vic Smith

Default good brand of tie rod ends for F-250?

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:55:18 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>have a friend with a 4WD F-250, not sure of year, she was told she
>needed new tie rod ends. Looking for opinions on a quality brand - in
>the past I was under the impression that Moog was always good and
>reliable but based on some comments on one of the Jeep groups that I
>follow it sounds like that may no longer be the case - apparently the
>general opinion of the newer Moog ball joints for Jeeps is not good. If
>this were your truck and you were planning on keeping it a while what
>would you recommend?
>
>thanks,
>
>Nate

So I called my son, who does F-250 suspensions all the time.
Left a message.
He calls back, and I tell him a guy is asking for advice on 4WD F-250.
Son says "What year?" I look, and the guy hasn't even said what year.
Then my son starts telling me about all the differences. Dana, links
blah, blah, blah. So I cut him short. I don't want to hear the
advice, because I don't know the year. Waste of time.
Then I remembered this isn't the first time this guy asked a question
without required info.
Anyway, could have got more info, but that just ain't happening.
Moog for sure.
Something about not cheaping out and replace the rods too.
And something about a zerk on the passenger side.
But I really quit paying attention early when he said "What year?"