Old April 11th 12, 07:23 PM posted to aus.cars,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

Default Starter solenoid current?

On 4/8/2012 11:18 PM, Paul Saccani wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 18:53:47 -0400, wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:47:51 +0800, Paul >
>> wrote:

>>> Besides us not being merkins, the fuse is there to protect you more
>>> than the meter.

>> Nope. Unless they work different when they are upside-down, and I
>> didn't notice that effect in Livingstone.

> I'm sorry, but with the greatest of respect, you do not know what you
> are talking about.

Someone thinks the fuse in the meter protects the user, which is not the
case. Whether the fuse is there, blown, or not in existence, the hazards
are the same. The fuse is intended to protect the meter from excessive
currents, and nothing else.

--
I'm never going to grow up.