Old July 3rd 10, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.4x4,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda
First of One

Default Thieves breaking into the rear of the RAV4

> wrote in message
> I spoke to a sales rep at a Toyota dealer last night.
> He said that there is no privacy cover for
> the RAV4, like there is with some hatchbacks.

Did you actually look inside a RAV4? According to the Toyota web site, the
tonneau cover is optional on base RAV4s, and *standard equipment* on the
higher trim levels, unless you get the third-row seat option.

There's also an under-floor storage bin for compact items:
http://www.toyota.com/img/vehicles/2...nt_image21.jpg

> On the other hand, just having a privacy cover
> might invite thieves to break in, even if there was
> nothing of value.

Most SUVs have heavily tinted windows nowadays. If the vehicle you buy
doesn't, you can always get them tinted. The tonneau cover is really
secondary.

Note: professional thieves will have their "work area" under watch. They
will notice you if you load valuables into the vehicle. Sometimes the
parking garage security guard is in on it as well. So there is a level of
risk regardless of whether you have a sedan or SUV.