Old November 1st 04, 10:18 PM
Chuck

Default Tough to Enter the Racing Sim Scene

I got sucked into racing of all types this year initially because of the
very interesting Speed World Challenge. In response I have researched the
types of sim racing available on the PC and Xbox. I just adore Rallisport
Challenge 2, even though it's known as an arcade game. Honestly, though,
it's hard to lump it in the same category as Need for Speed Underground and
Midnight Club - a couple of supremely unrealistic racing games. I have also
played Colin McRae 04 which is great, but not quite as much fun as RS2.

I know that Grand Prix Legends and F1 Challenge 99 - 02 are supposed to be
great sims for the PC, but where on Earth can you buy them? I don't like /
trust Ebay. If I could just go to ebgames and buy it for $50 that would be
great. I've also read good things about Nascar 2003. I don't like Nascar,
but I've read Nascar2003 is good and has lots of mods... if N2003 = Nascar
2003. You guys use lots of acronyms that I have trouble deciphering.

Somehow I've been able to find some good web sites ...

http://www.simracingworld.com/index/

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/

They are informative, but there should really be some kind of sim racing
FAQ.

I guess my questions are ...

What are some great, moddable racing sims that you can play over the
internet and actually AVAILABLE for sale in the U.S.? (Non-NASCAR)

What hotly anticipated sims are coming out soon other than GT-R?

I plan to buy the Logitech Momo wheel. Any reason I should avoid it?

I bought F1 2001 today (for three dollars). Does it still have a following?

Can you buy Richard Burns Rally in the U.S.?

Is there any way to play European racing sims in the U.S.? In other words,
are they region restricted? Will anyone sell them to us in the U.S.?

Thanks for any info.