Old June 16th 05, 11:24 PM
Tom in Missouri

I should add that I took a 1500 mile trip once in England. Ran from East
Anglia up to Liverpool into Scotland and back down. Most people in England
could not grasp the idea, and when they did, they thought I was absolutely
nuts to attempt such a "LONG" trip over a long weekend.

Yet here in America a few years back, I frequently made trips between
Missouri and South Florida, roughly 1200 miles one way, on weekends. So my
2400 mile trips dwarf that 1500 mile trip in England. I have been known to
commute 100 miles one way to work daily.

BTW, the fine English car broke, not once, but twice. I also had a
wonderful leak of water pouring through the windscreen. It fortunately did
not stall in the rain. It waited a few weeks to do that later on the A45
east of Cambridge.

I had a roommate who had a Rover 3500. Fast car, compared to other British
cars. Yet the thing had all the quality of a '52 Plymouth. Handled about as
well.

Unlike Russia, Canada, and China, the vast majority of our people have cars
and actually drive them long distance. It isn't (and wasn't) uncommon for a
family to drive from coast to coast. Such a trip in Russia would be beyond
what most could do. Many parts of Canada does not have roads, or at least
not in some months of the year. China?

"the guvnor" > wrote in message

> >> Note how the US car market is closed to true competition due to your
> >> fedralisation rules.
> >>

> >Improve your friggin' build quality on cars other than the Rolls, and
> >Americans might well buy your cars - IF you build them to world standards

of