Old May 1st 05, 04:54 AM
Spike

Well, thinking about the paint used on brakes, and similar areas,
seems like it should, but you'd thing maybe there is a better way.
Any shops in your area that do powder coating? I'm in a pretty rural
area and there are a couple here (one only does powder coat, from
stripping to....). Just a thought you might explore.

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:35:55 -0400, <japhar81> wrote:

>Have the chance to pick up some powdercoated 18x10.5" wheels for pennies on
>the dollar ($600 total for a set of 4, with rubber). Only catch is, the guy
>scraped a curb, and theres a pea-sized chip in the powdercoat. Its not
>chipping around or anything, but it is silver (looks ugly, if you spot it).
>Anyone know if this is touch-up-able? If so, how does one do that? I was
>thinking some metal paint, but will that stand up to road wear-tear?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16