Old July 4th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Ad absurdum per aspera[_2_]

Default Barn Find Bites Back

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/au...pagewanted=all

> "So I pulled it out of there for 50 bucks. It wasn’t running but I got it running right away.
>
>“It was a big mistake,” he continued. “When I first started working on it, I would get ticks.
> I had to actually fumigate the car.”

(Now I'm trying to remember the 70s buddy comedy set amid a
fairgrounds level of dirt-track racing and demo derby, in which one
character exclaims, "I always wanted to wreck a '50 Studie.")

Though getting *ticks* is pretty extreme, I think that in general
principles we can all relate... I've had wiring catch fire (just a
smolder; it went out by itself), had a friend follow behind (but not
too close behind) in case one of the literally worm eaten tires gave
way... so what have you guys been through on the first drive of a
just-purchased resto candidate?

--Joe