Old August 18th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Trying to ID Old Hubcap/Wreath & 3 Cats/Lions?

George Patterson wrote:
> weft2 wrote:
>
>> Thanks kindly for the info- I forgot about Ford, thinking only about
>> the GM Cadillacs that had the Laurel Wreaths in their design logo. But
>> if the older company, Ford, had the original wreath design for their
>> car logos, why did they give part of it over when Cadillac went to
>> GM? I thought a logo was a big trademark and copyright issue, espc.
>> for huge companies like Ford and GM. (BTW, thanks also to the other
>> poster's suggestion to get some photos up. That did the trick.)

> Dunno about logos, but Cadillac was in business years before Ford, and
> Ford's original "logo" was Henry Ford's signature. I'm not sure when the
> cats first appeared, but I remember them as one quadrant of the Ford
> shield in the 50's (I think the 1950 Ford my father had). The wreath was
> special to only a few models.
>
> George Patterson
> If you torture the data long enough, eventually it will confess
> to anything.

Nope, the previous poster was correct, Cadillac was formed out of what
was left of the ORIGINAL Henry Ford Company, after HF left. Then Ford
went on to found the Ford Motor Company which is the Ford we know today.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel