Old July 29th 15, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito

Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

"Smarty" > wrote in message
>I love the C7 and will not turn a wonderful experience into fear, doubt,
> uncertainty, and grousing.
>
> Except for my dad's XKE-convertible which I was allowed to occasionaly
> drive to high school 55 years ago I have bever owned any other car which
> turns so many heads, garners so many waves and thumbs up and cheers of
> approval, or creates crowds when I park it.
>
> I could give a **** about resale value. This C7 convertible so far is
> awesome.

Ever read the Millionaire Next Door? Buying any car new, especially the
high depreciation, high maintenance kind, is a guarantee you will never
become wealthy. Besides, if you are going to be foolish with your money at
least buy a fancy house, not a fancy car.

BTW, why do you need people staring at your car? You have an inferiority
complex? I used to take my 64 Vette Convertible to car shows and yes, lots
of admiring stares, until I decided I had other, more important, things to
do on Sunday.

XKE ws a gorgeous car. Where I lived in 1971, some guy drove it down a
gently dropping, turning road at about 120 mph. Didin't make the turn and
went through a brick wall into a backyard. Needless to say, the driver did
not survive, but I guess it was amazing any one of us survived back then.
I was 18 in 1971 and my father had just bought a new 70 1/2 Camaro. That
car was fast. Luckily I never did anything too stupid in it...

Vito