Old November 9th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default No pressure on clutch pedal - can't change gear

Thus spake jim beam > :

>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 19:52:05 +0000, Al Reynolds wrote:

<snip>

>clutch master is the commonest fault. needs replacement. if you need to
>drive the car, you might be able to refill the clutch fluid reservoir and
>pump it sufficiently to get it working, but this is a strictly temporary
>fix.
>
>beware also that brake fluid is leaking inside the car and will need to be
>cleaned out. soapy water is best. dry with paper towels to make sure the
>brake fluid chemicals are removed, not simply diluted.

If there's fluid on the floor, it's the master. If the fluid is all
over the bell housing, it's the slave. But, as the man said, I'd bet
on the master first (doesn't have to leak into the car, though, but if
it does, that's a sure sign).

Refill and go may work for 50 miles, or only 5. Depends on how bad it
is.